The company was founded by Alighiero Fausti and Ciabattoni Giovanna in 1957 in the town of Piceno. The following few years of hard work and persistence led to the purchase of a winery and 50 hectares of vineyards in Cossignano.

The regions of The Marche and Abruzzo are next to one another and share a mountainous landscape on the Adriatic Sea.  The wines are made from organically farmed vineyards, and fruit pronunciation is the focus. Nowadays Alighiero still makes the wines although the next generations are all heavily involved in all aspects of the business.